INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect personal information that you provide to us such as name, address, contact information, passwords and security data, and payment information. This is information that you voluntarily provide to us when registering at the websites expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our products, ordering services, when participating in activities on the website or otherwise contacting us.
The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the website, the choices you make and the products and features you use will make the level of personal information and details vary. The personal information we collect can include, but not limited to, the following:
- Your first and last name, email address, postal address, phone number, and other similar personal contact data.
- Detailed credentials such as passwords, password hints, and similar security information used for authentication and account access.
All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
Information Collected Automatically
Some information we retain is collected automatically when you visit our website. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our website and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our website, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Like many businesses, we also collect a portion of this information through cookies and similar tracking technologies. You can find out more about this in our Cookies Policy at: https://lightspeed.ca/.
Information Collected From Other Sources
We may collect limited data, or obtain information about you, from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, as well as from other third parties. Examples of the information we receive from other sources include: marketing leads, analyitical information from active search networks (such as Google, Bing, Facebook, Yelp, etc.) including paid listings (such as sponsored links).
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We process your information, collected via our website, for a variety of business purposes described below. We process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests (“Business Purposes”), in order to enter into or perform a contract with you (“Contractual”), with your consent (“Consent”), and/or for compliance with our legal obligations (“Legal Reasons”). We indicate each purpose below.
We Use The Information We Collect or Receive:
- To facilitate account creation and any logon process with your Consent. If you choose to link your account with us to a third party account *(such as your Google, Facebook, Microsoft, etc.), we use the information you allowed us to collect from those third parties to facilitate account creation and any potential logon process.
- To send you marketing and promotional communications for Business Purposes. We and/or our third party marketing partners may use the personal information you send to us for our marketing purposes, if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. You can opt-out of our marketing emails at any time. To learn how please read the section below “WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS”.
- To send administrative information to you for Business Purposes, Legal Reasons and/or possibly for Contractual. We may use your personal information to send you product, service and new feature information and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To fulfill and manage your orders for Contractual reasons. We may use your information to fulfill and manage your orders, payments, returns, and exchanges made through the website.
- To post testimonials with your Consent. We post testimonials on our websites that may contain personal information. Prior to posting a testimonial, we will obtain your consent to use your name and testimonial. If you wish to update, or delete your testimonial, please contact us the contact information listed below, and be sure to include your name, testimonial location, and contact information.
- To administer prize draws and competitions for our Business Purposes and/or with your Consent. We may use your information to administer prize draws and competitions when you elect to participate in competitions.
- To request feedback for our Business Purposes. We may use your information to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our website.
- To protect our website for Business Purposes and/or for Legal Reasons. We may use your information as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure (for example, for fraud monitoring and prevention).
- To enforce our terms, conditions and policies for Business Purposes, Legal Reasons and/or possible Contractual.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm for Legal Reasons. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
- For other Business Purposes. We may use your information for other Business Purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our websites, products, services, marketing and your experience.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
We only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to protect your rights, or to fulfill business obligations. For this reason we only share and disclose your information in the following situations:
Compliance with Laws
We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
Vital Interests and Legal Rights
We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
Vendors, Consultants and Third-Party Service Providers
We may share your data with third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include: payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, upstream Internet service providers, customer service and marketing efforts. We may allow selected third parties to use tracking technology on the website, which will enable them to collect data about how you interact with the website over time. This information may be used to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content and better understand online activity. Unless described in this Policy, we do not share, sell, rent or trade any of your information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
COOKIES AND TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
By using our website and the Google Maps API Implementation we have employed, you agree to be bound by Google’s Terms of Service. You agree to allow us to obtain or cache your location. You may revoke your consent at anytime by contacting us directly using the information provided below. We use the information about your location in conjunction with data from other data providers to determine internet service availability and for website security screening methods.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
Our constant goal is to protect your personal information through a system of organizational and technical security measures.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, please also remember that we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our websites is at your own risk. You should only access the services within a secure environment.
WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
You may review, change, or terminate your use of the Internet Lightspeed website at any time.
If you are resident in the European Economic Area and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here:http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm
If you would at any time like to review or change the information in your account or terminate your account, you can contact us using the information provided below.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
Email & Marketing
You can unsubscribe from our marketing email list at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send or by contacting us using the details provided below. You will then be removed from the marketing email list – however, we will still need to send you service-related emails that are necessary for the administration and use of your account. To discuss this or make specific arrangements you can contact us directly using the contact information below.
DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS POLICY?
We will update this policy as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws.
Internet Lightspeed Communications
276 – 5489 Byrne Road,
Burnaby, BC V5J 3J1
P: (604) 482-1190
F: (604) 482-1191
LAST UPDATED – June 10th, 2019